Sunday, 15 March 2015

Art Release: Yukiko and Buruu

When you read a book does a scene ever stick in your mind? I mean really stick in there! And whatever you do, even after you finish the book, you just can't shake it off. It's there, behind your eyelids, demanding not to be forgotten. It wants you to breathe life into it. To mark the outlines and let it live on a piece of paper.

Well, this happens to me all the time. My imagination paints the picture in my head when I read a book and it won't leave me alone until I gather my pencils and start drawing. And it's such a relief when the sketch is done. I feel like I can breathe again.


Here are a couple of sketches from the last book I read. "Stormdancer" by Jay Kristoff had some inspiring scenes and Yukiko and Buruu were very fierce in their demand, so  I did my best to get them right. I hope you like them!






2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Penny! I love the second one more, I must admit. The red marks on her body, the look of innocence and power in her eyes. The tears are so vivid in the first one. Good job!:)

    I have scenes that stick in my mind, but I don't draw. I just let them in my mind until they transform into something new.

    Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to see more of your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice words Athina! I'm glad you liked my sketches!

      Delete