Saturday, 21 March 2015

Harmless Queries: The Joy of Buying Books


Do you ever get that blissful feeling when buying a book? The one that makes your heart puff up and your lips pick up in a stupid smile? It's funny how a bunch of papers held together by some threads can make us feel. But it's more than that, isn't it?

It's the smell of paper and the smooth dust-jackets and the beautiful covers that mark the beginning of an adventure! When you hold a book in your hands it's almost wispering about the great times you're going to have together. It's a suble promise for an escape from reality that will return you safely home when it's over. And you will never be the same person again.

I love my books. We have this special relationship where they take me with them in their worlds and I, in return, make sure they are kept safe in mine. And every now and then (maybe more often than you might think) I add new ones on the shelves, so they will not get lonely. 

Here is my new addition! This book order arrived a couple days ago and I was too excited and just had to share it with you!


2 comments:

  1. I do love the smell of paper, Penny. I'm one of those weird people who go to the bookstore and smell the book while flipping the pages.
    I love my books too and I dream of a big bookcase, a quite beautiful space to just sit and dream. Because books are like dreaming and one knows that you can never stop dreaming.

    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Athina! There is indeed something magical about the smell of a book. My dream house contains a library too! With up-to-ceiling windows and comfy window nooks for reading in the sunlight! <3

      Delete