Thursday, 17 March 2016

Book Review: Throne Of Glass by S.J.Maas

“You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.”

It is so difficult writing reviews for books we like. And one of the reasons I chose to reread this, was to write a proper review. 
I don't think that's possible.

The other reason -the important one- was that I just couldn't get enough of the story and characters S.J.Maas has created. I've read all four books by now, so it was pure delight reading this one again and just knowing what all those hints were about. This installment is by no means the best one -It's not even fit for 5*- but I can't love it any less than the others, because in this book we are introduced in the amazing journey that is going to be the Throne of Glass series.

I wasn't very sure I liked Celaena when I first read it. And there are still things about her character that bother me. But she is true, and loyal and strong in so many more ways than she thinks. And she thinks a great deal, trust me! I was a bit annoyed about how girly she was but in the end, I wouldn't have prefered her to be any other way. 

Chaol and Dorian were amazing in this book. I had almost forgotten how much I liked them both, and it's been so long since I have read about someone actually flirting in this series. 

The main thing about this book, that I can attest to with confidence, is that it's actually a very big and entertaining introduction. To the characters, to the story, to the world and history of Erilea. 

I would advise you not to miss it.


2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things for this series and I'm curious.I truly am. I need to put them on schedule!

    Loved the quote, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Athina, you should definately read them. The plot and the worldbuilding are very good. And we follow around a few characters so it's not boring. :)

      Delete